What do you do when you need to transfer all your data (including operating system, data drive, personal files, custom Settings, etc.) from one hard drive to another? Specifically, you need third-party cloning software to do this.But there are so many cloning tools on the market, which one should you choose that best fits your needs? Today we’re introducing AOMEI Backupper, a free and simple cloning tool which earns its own reputation among thousands of users around the world. It is easy to use and 100% clean.
AOMEI Backupper is specialist disk cloning software that can do all of this for you. It is easy-to-use and keeps your data intact during the cloning process, which saves you time and effort compared to reinstalling the system and all your applications. AOMEI Backupper is also a best backup software that help you to clone the disks without having to convert the disk partition structure beforehand as it allows you to copy MBR disks to GPT disks (and vice versa).
- Added new function: wake computer from sleep or hibernate mode to run scheduled tasks.
- Optimized the calculation method of “Run one time everyday” option in the “Event triggers” so that keep calculation time consistent with computer time.
- Optimized the “USB plug in” prompt delay popup when system in high DPI.
- Optimized the backup scheme to automatically delete old backups based on specified values.
- Optimized the backup method for a BitLocker partition: the program will no longer backup a BitLocker-encrypted partition with sector-by-sector after being decrypted.
- Fixed issue: “Configuration changes that require a full backup” prompts when performing incremental backup after restoring disk or partition to original location.
- Fixed issue: the differential backup scheme doesn’t take effect in some cases.
- Fixed issue: there is no detailed prompt information for network connection failed except for error code 311.
- Fixed issue: error code 4162 occurs when restoring files larger than 4GB to BitLocker-encrypted partition.
- Fixed issue: file system damaged after restoring a BitLocker-encrypted partition to original location.
- Fixed issue: failed to assign drive letters when restoring system under Windows PE.
- Fixed issue: file backup crashes since too many files are currently in use.
- Fixed issue: error code 4123 occurs when performing incremental or differential backup again for restored GPT disk partitions.
- Fixed issue: the restore task for File Sync completed successfully but the file does not exist.
- Fixed issue: switching the schedule type to “Real-time Sync”, “USB plug in”, or “Event triggers” will not work when editing tasks.
How to clone laptop hard drive to another drive with AOMEI Backupper?
Step 1: Connect the new HDD to your laptop via USB cable. Download, install and launch the laptop disk clone software on your laptop. Go Clone > Disk Clone.
Step 2: Select the source disk on your laptop.
Step 3: Select the destination disk.
Step 4: Confirm the operations and then click “Start Clone”.
Step 5: Disconnect the second hard drive on completion. Shut down your laptop and disconnect all peripherals. Remove battery and replace the old hard drive with the new one. You may need #1 or #0 screwdriver to uninstall the frame.
Step 6: Install everything back and start your laptop. The familiar logo ought to be appeared.
More About AOMEI Backupper：
- You are able to exclude custom subfolders and file types from a backup using wildcards
- A backup can be encrypted and password protected
- You are able to quickly exclude concealed files, subfolders, and/or system files from being included in a backup
- Managing backup tasks is simple because you may view jobs created today, this week, or another custom date
- After developing a partition or hard disk backup, you may choose to copy only the real data or make an exact backup by including unused sectors as well
- It’s simple to run a complete, differential, or incremental backup to an existing job in only a couple clicks
- Backups may be restored with ease since you can plainly see the date and backup procedure used before starting a reestablish
- AOMEI Backupper is able to restore specific files or an entire backup to any place, including the original folder
- Scheduling backups work with any backup procedure and origin, even for your machine partition
- Email alerts are supported, which means you can obtain an email after a backup has finished successfully and/or when it fails, which includes information about when the backup started and ceased, the path of the backup, and any error messages
- A backup can be scheduled to run daily, weekly, monthly, or even on daily periods
- A system image backup could be restored to a different computer with different hardware. Read more about this procedure at AOMEI’s site
- Backups created with AOMEI Backupper can optionally be compressed with a normal or Higher compression degree
- Can automatically restart, hibernate, or shutdown after a backup task has completed
- Supports command line cloning and restoring
- Comments can be added to copies to provide more information about what’s included or what the backup is currently employed for
- A backup could be broken into smaller pieces for easier storage using a custom size or a predetermined one, such as 700 MB for a CD or 4 GB to get a DVD
- A bootable disk can be created to use AOMEI Backupper for restoring a backup or cloning a partition/hard driveway without booting up into Windows
- Whilst operating a backup, if AOMEI Backupper finds that the destination doesn’t have enough disk space to hold the files, It Is Going to prompt you to clean up the drive and then continue with the backup
- A Disk bootable disk enables you to restore data from a backup and clone partition/disks to other drives, though backing up a partition, diskdrive, or system drive is not allowed
Except for cloning hard drive on laptop, you can clone desktop hard drive using the same feature. What’s more, AOMEI Backupper also is the server backup software and best way to backup laptop. After cloning, you can keep this software on your computer and protect your system and data persistently. Try it today!