The Election Commission of India (ECI) has made the process of updating your address in your voter ID card a very simple process. Instead of filling different forms and following various protocols, you can do it all with just one single application form.
Changing your residential address on your voter ID card can easily be done by submitting an application form along with the proof of your present address to the Election Officer of your particular constituency.
Known as transposing of name from electoral list, your name will be shifted from your old constituency’s electoral list to the new one, with all your details retained.
For the convenience of voters in order to change their addresses on their voter ID cards, the ECI has introduced an online application process.
Steps to change your address in voter ID card online:
* Log on to the official website available for voters the National Voters Services Portal by clicking on http://www.nvsp.in
* Select the “Apply online for registration of new voter/due to shifting from AC” option.
* Choose Form 8A from the available options provided, after which an online form will appear in a new tab.
* Fill in the details as required, including your name and address, state, constituency and also your new address.
* Upload a document that mentions your current address (such as Aadhaar card, bank pass book or any official document)
* Once you have filled and uploaded the documents, submit the form online.
* You will receive a reference number, which can be used by you to track your application online.
* After you have submitted your application, it will be verified by the electoral officers.
On successful verification, you will receive your voter ID card with your present address mentioned.
Source by indiatimes…